Unity’s Five Basic Principles
1. There is only One God – We are One with God, the Creator of all. There is One Power and One Presence in the Universe. At Unity, we don’t believe in a force for evil. Yet we recognize that some use their God-given creative power and freedom of choice for purposes other than good. God is a creative Universal energy that is Good and everywhere present.
2. Everyone is Divine – We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good. We accept everyone and everything as unique expressions of God. We believe in God’s divine plan of human diversity: notably as it relates to culture, ethnicity, religious belief, background and lifestyle. No one is excluded from God’s UNITY.
3. What We Focus on Expands – Our beliefs, thoughts and feelings co-create with God to bring our thinking into reality. Whatever we’re thinking, believing and feeling demonstrates in our lives. Practicing self-responsibility, we are accountable for our co-creative power and life’s outcomes. Knowledge of spiritual principles is not enough. We must practice them and live them.
4. Prayer Aligns Us with God – We heighten our connection with God through prayer. We believe in the spiritual disciplines of Prayer, Study, Meditation and Service and Giving that bring us closer to our purpose: joy.
5. Christ Consciousness is the Goal – Unity is founded on the Bible’s message, but not in the traditional sense. For instance: We see all as born in perfection, not sin. We aspire to live Christ’s teaching, but we see only our highest thoughts as “saving”. We see Jesus as The Christ, yet He is among many great Master Teachers that inspire us. We believe that God still speaks today, just as It did 2000 years ago.
Click here to read more about Unity.