Qualifications for Unity North Atlanta Board of Trustees
- Has been an active member of Unity North for at least one year.
- Desires to be on the board.
- Endeavors to live in accord with Spiritual principles of Love and Truth as taught by Unity.
- Furthers the work of the Ministry through his/her active participation, prayer, love and support.
- Is a sincere and continuing student of Unity and is conversant with its teachings. (Members will be required to complete at least one Unity course to be considered.)
- Has demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Shall not have a spouse, parent, child or significant other already serving as a board member or staff member.
- Is a team player, has an open mind, is respectful of other’s opinions, and is willing to participate in consensus based decisions.
- Is visible, available and accessible to the congregation.
- Has a strong commitment to financial support of this Ministry.
- Is willing and able to commit to serving a 3-year term on the board and to 8–12 hours per month to board meetings and other duties.
- Is available to attend one board training session and 1 – 2 weekend board retreats.
- Is willing to be involved in both spiritual and business operations of the church.
In addition to the above qualifications, consideration may to given to candidates with expertise required by the board. For example, finance, marketing, human resources, etc.